Thread: Meet the Team!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi , I'm Paula, I'm 40 and have been married to an amazing, supportive man for 12 years. We have 2 daughters (eldest is 16 and youngest is nearly 13), 2 greyhounds and the meanest cat on this planet! Seriously, she bit me the other day just cos I was still in bed!

I have suffered from depression, anxiety and panic attacks since I was 16 but wasn't actually diagnosed until I was 28. One doctor told me he didn't want to put me on ADs cos he didn't want me labelled .... Unlike many, I don't have triggers, my illness is purely a genetic flaw. I am also resistant to medication so need a combination of several psych meds and high doses to have any impact.

I also suffer from an under active thyroid, asthma and am on crutches due to an accident and subsequent permanent nerve damage - all of which impact on my mental health, and is part of the reason why I am never discharged from the Mental Health team. I am unable to work but have come to terms with that and am so grateful that I have immense support from my husband, family and friends.

Being involved with DwD over the last year and a bit has been incredible. The support and care that everybody here shows towards everyone else is just amazing and I really feel blessed to have been asked to join the Mod Team.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

amaeru (28-02-14),Angie (28-02-14),Aspasia (08-11-14),CeeCee (28-02-14),Flo (05-12-16),Jarre (01-03-14),OldMike (04-01-16),selena (14-08-15),Suzi (05-04-14)