Thread: Guilty feeling newbie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ruby
    Thank you all for your replies and kind words.i mentioned to him before about me seeing gp as I think I need antidepressants too and he said there’s no way I am going on them too, he said him being on them is enough. It just doesn’t seem to sink in with him what an effect he has on others especially the children. My daughter has just gone upstairs in tears because he is in one of his moods and she thinks it’s something she’s done wrong. I can’t cope with him upsetting the children anymore when they have done nothing. My heart breaks for them as they have missed out on so much because of our circumstances and I wish I could do more for them. Constantly feel stuck between a rock and hard place. I can’t say anything to him as that sends him deeper into himself. I know none of this is his fault it’s the illness, I just don’t know what to do or say and I have had enough of constantly walking on eggshells and panicking in case the children make a comment that is normal to everyone else but sets him off.
    Sorry to keep moaning.

It’s none of his business if you have to get help from any source, especially your doctor. Please make an appointment, lovely.

Hunni, I suffer from mental health problems and have done most of my life. 5 years ago I had a fall which led to life changing injuries and I’m now disabled. It’s been enormously hard but at no point did I blame or mistreat my husband or children (who were 11 and 15 when it happened). Just because he’s ill does not give him the right to act like that.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (25-03-18),OldMike (25-03-18),Suzi (25-03-18)