Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

He shouldn't have been nasty to you, but I agree with Paula. He doesn't want you to go with him and you have to stop pushing those decisions....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    But I don't understand why.. He's never had a problem before and now he does.. Even friends have said we are supposed to be a partnership so why is he locking me out of something to important..

He doesn't seem to respect my decisions or feelings so why should I.. I am fed up of doing so much for him and getting the smallest of things thrown back in my face...

Quote Originally Posted by Hereforyou View Post
    He doesn't seem to respect my decisions or feelings so why should I....
    Because you love him, because he’s ill, because sometimes we have to take the crap as well as the good times.

We have explained so many times why he might not want you to go to the doctors with him and, ultimately, he has the right to talk to his doctor in confidence. He may want to talk about things he doesn’t want you to hear and may feel stifled in front of you - for instance I knew my husband knew I was suicidal but I couldn’t bear to talk about that with my doctor in front of my husband.

Does your partner go to all your doctor’s appointment with you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou
    I know you're right Paula.. I do love him.. But it's just so hard when he keeps treating me like he barely wants me around anymore.. I genuinely feel like he would much prefer it if I just walked away.. He doesn't seem to appreciate anything I do and seems to act like I am no more helpful than he's "mates" at work....

To be honest yeah he did.. And I went to his before too.. The only times we didn't was when the other was working.. I just don't know how much longer I can deal with him making me feel like crap for just trying to do something nice...

If you walk away you will only be proving the illness right - that he is useless, unlovable and only deserves to be alone....
    He's not going tp show appreciation right now when he's struggling so much....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    But he keeps making me feel like that's exactly what he wants.. To be alone.. He even said that's why he doesn't want me to come this weekend so that he can be alone.. Perhaps I should just let him be alone permanently..

I just don't want everything thrown back in my face every time I do something to annoy or upset him...

In my opinion I think he's being a bully. However bad you feel with depression it doesn't excuse bad behaviour.
    In this case I think I'd let him go on his weekend and see how things are when he gets back on Sunday evening.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (11-05-18)

Hereforyou
    I am just going to do that Magie.. He never seems to see any problem in how he speaks or what he does lately.. It's all just my fault...

I think I will just leave him to sulk now.. I am not going to try anymore than I already have..

And as bad as it feels for me to say this I couldn't care less if me being off with him makes him feel worse..

Try to do something nice for yourself this weekend. Meet up with friends for coffee and a good old natter. Go to the cinema, see a girly movie that your bf wouldn't go to with you. See your parents. Have a big Sunday lunch with all the trimmings. But please don't sit and wonder what he's doing or thinking all weekend. Live in the moment each day, and even pretend that you are a young free and single for these 2 days.

Hereforyou
    I am going to...

Although not sure I should act like I am single....