Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hereforyou
    Oh.. That's okay haha...

Sometimes I don't think so either... Just trying to take day by day and not over analyse what's going on.. Like even today he's come home from paintball and he's really quiet.. So I am trying my best to convince myself it's probably because he's tired and sore from hurting his shoulder and nothing more..

Also trying to look at the positives.. Like today when he came home he came to give me a cuddle and doesn't seem angry.. So that's good..

Trying very hard...

Maybe you're trying too hard to be perfect? Maybe if you relaxed a bit and tried to be as normal as you normally are (lol - in this house totally odd and weird and not normal in the slightest) then he might find it easier to relax?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Haha in my house normal isn't "normal" either lol....

I think I am being the "normal" me.. I am a very caring person normally so when I see he's in pain I tend to try and help.. I am just doing that as normal I guess... I am not really trying to be or act differently..

The thing I am trying harder to do is not over analyse and not be negative or take it personal.. That's definitely the thing I am trying to do consciously in my head..

I know it's not easy, but it is necessary to not over analyse everything...

Hereforyou
    You're definitely right...

I was thinking of calling his doctor tomorrow confidentially and explaining my concerns.. Particularly with how he has been this last week and the fact that we've heard nothing from the anger management or therapy referrals in over a month...

Of course I know the doctor can't tell me what they're talking about but I wanted to speak to him about my concerns and fears...

I've asked my partner about me going to the doctors with him but he doesn't want me to sadly...

Don't do it behind his back. Maybe just say to him that you'd like to let the dr know how things are from your point of view as it might help to get him help quicker?

Hereforyou
    I guess I could ask but I don't think he will want me to sadly...

But if you go behind his back then it'll be definite proof to him that he can't trust you and that you are out to get him...

Hereforyou
    I see what you mean.. That's definitely not my intention though ..

I know, but it's actually how things would be seen...