Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hereforyou
    Yes perhaps you're right....

I Just hope he really does still love me...

At the moment he won't feel anything really....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Is that why he says I know when i tell him I love him..? And why he just said I do when I said it's okay if he doesn't love me anymore..?

Yes, exactly that. Sweetie, we have been trying to tell you this ..... you can’t focus on every little thing he says and does, it’s not good for either of you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

S deleted (04-05-18)

Hereforyou
    I am just so scared.. I feel like I've lost him and I can't help blaming myself sometimes.. I just want to see him get through his depression and hopefully we can continue on our relationship as it was.. But I am just scared he doesn't want that anymore or will realise he doesn't want it when he's better...

And how is fretting over everything going to change that?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    That's my coping mechanism I guess.. Always expect the worst and then you'll never be disssappinted...

But maybe expecting the worst is only making things worse?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I am so annoyed right now..

My partner came to me whilst I was at the gym in a bit of a nervous and panicky state.. He told me how one of his work colleagues and friends had a huge argument with his wife and is in a state.. Talking about ending his life and so on..

My partner wanted to go to him to comfort him and try to call him down.. Fair enough.. I asked him to just keep me updated with what's going on and said if he wanted go bring him home to stay the night round ours that's fine.. He said he would to both..

He last updated me at 8pm saying that he's friend is in bits and won't stop crying and saying that he was waiting for his friends dad to come which shouldn't be more than an hour.. At 930 he text me asking me to make up our sofa bed and how he was levelling out and how I should do the bed now.. Fast forward to 12:26 (now) and his phone is off.. He hasn't replied to me for hours.. He told me he would be in a certain area but is in a completely different area.. He still hasn't come home.. I have no idea what's going on or where he is.. If he's coming home or what the hell has gone on..

I really feel taken advantage of now .. He could easily use his friends phone if his battery died just to let me know all is okay ...

Hereforyou
    When he finally came home he was covered in mud and cuts.. Said he was beaten up on his way home.. Turns out he had lied to me and actually went out for a drink with his work friends but didn't want to tell me because he "knew" I would moan about him drinking again..

The last time I said anything about him drinking was when he wanted to go out 3 weekends in a row.. So I kindly said that he should be careful as he doesn't want to get into a habit.. But literally that was all..

I am so angry with him right now.. He's down on the sofa as I literally can't believe he was so horrible and just fabricated this awful story...