Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hereforyou
    I wish there was a right way .. oh no you didn't offend me.. sorry if it seemed that way.. That's just me feeling a bit useless and self pitying..

That's the thing I am normally like that.. If I see someone sad or upset my first reaction is to hug them and say/do things to make them feel better.. I know when I am feeling low (which of course is no comparison to how he's feeling) people reassuring me that I am not useless and rubbish tends to make me feel better .. With my partner he's always been ridiculously self critical (probably the problem with us both) so whenever he's felt like that I've always tried to reassure him that how's he's feeling isn't warranted..

With my depression it was just knowing that someone's there that loves me and genuinely wants to be there for me that made the biggest difference.. I guess that's just what I am trying to help him see that's all.. Especially with him constantly saying I shouldn't love him and care because he's messed up and a lost cause....

When I’m in crisis, people around me telling me to look at the positives makes me furious. It is never about being miserable or grumpy, its about desperately trying to hold back your mind and body from sliding into a pit. When you’re doing everything you can to stay out of that pit, for someone to come along and ask you to see the silver lining feels insulting, hurtful and insensitive, and just makes things worse.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.