Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hey I’m sad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh Sally how awesome!!!!
    What is "work?" Favourite novel? Author? Recipe?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi sally......you're good at lots of things and that's great for distraction. I like knitting and baking...not very good at crochet and can only do squares!....I'm knitting my granddaughter a cardi at the moment - she's 6 - it's got a pattern which is taking me a while, but because it has little diamond patterns all over it, I'm supposed to stitch a glass bead in the middle of the triangles...probably about 250...I DON'T THINK SO!!!... I thought of gluing them on but then they might all ping on the floor when she takes it off! so I shall buy sparkly buttons instead!.....I hope you have a lazy day today and treat yourself to something nice. Good to meet you..take care.

sallyb
    Oh Flo I hope you mean buttons for the front of the cardy rather than sewing on 250 individual buttons. I knitted a jumper with pearls in once which was fine as you threaded the pearls onto your knitting yarn and then every so often just pulled one up into the main body and carried on knitting.

Today I haven’t done great at having a day to myself. I did watch an episode of Nashville while I had coffee before doing anything else. But then I met a friend who is having a tough time for coffee. And then done some sewing for my partner who can’t sew. I did tell him it’s about time he learnt to sew! Then I had lunch. And then did some mindfulness. Tonight I am hoping we can watch Paddington 2.

My job is teaching. Rewarding but busy.

I love Stephen Fry!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I love Stephen Fry!
    Me too!!!

Fantastic taste in stories!

sallyb
    I can’t get to sleep without listening to a radio 4 play on the radio app. I never get through the whole story but it is so soothing and helps me concentrate on the story rather than all the thoughts and worries rushing through my head