Thread: I feel numb?...*SH, AB and SU Triggers*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD.
    There are far more options than CBT lovely - have you tried other forms of therapy such as counselling, EMDR which may or may not be appropriate or anything else?
    Of course you're worth helping and I firmly believe that you can get better lovely...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

lavenderpurple
    As aforementioned, I’ve tried everything over the past almost 14 years.
    Nothing has worked, every therapist and counsellor gave up on me, and to be honest I’ve now sworn off them.
    For me, they’re a waste of time, and in some cases, money.
    I’ve tried every medication offered, and that didn’t work either.
    Exercise also did nothing - I used to be a very active person for years and years, but that didn’t magically cure me either.
    Perhaps I’m too broken to fix.
    Also it angers me that I should be the one to go through therapy, when it’s these people who hurt me, who are the messed up ones.
    I personally feel they should be forced to take a hard look at themselves and fix their vicious personalities.
    Why me?

We can’t control what people do, only how we react ..... lovely, this anger is only hurting you

What meds have you tried?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.