Thread: Breaking the silence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi there and welcome to DWD. We’re all guilty of hiding away from time to time and the longer you do it the harder it is to break the habit. It’s good that you have a reason to get out a couple of times a week. The guitar work sounds interesting. What exactly do you have to do? Replace strings and tuning or something more detailed? I don’t play an instrument but I’m still a big music fan. Anyway I’ll leave you be for now, I need to find something for dinner.

Imaginary
    Thanks for the welcome ��
    I try not to hide but find my habit has got worse since moving to a place where I don't really have friends I can go out with. But I've met some people in the groups I go to that I can have a laugh with.
    The work varies depending on the condition of the instrument, sometimes it's just a clean, new strings and tuning, others it can be replacing broken parts or complete setup. It keeps the hands and brain working so helps reduce anxiety which is great and I get a warm fuzzy feeling from taking an instrument that's been unloved and turning it into something that someone wants to buy and play.