I daren't ask for more help. My boss is terrifying. Originally this wasn't the case, but management changed a few years ago and there's a "one size fits all" attitude where they think having just one technician on each site is enough, regardless of how much equipment there is and how often it breaks down.

If I get the job I went for an interview for, there's a slight chance I'll see some of my former colleagues on the bus in the morning because they're leaving too, but we're not all going to the same place.

But the reason I like my friends so much is because they helped me when I was at my lowest. I was ready to just end everything but they talked me down even though they didn't realise how I was feeling. They come in every day even though they have problems, some of them bigger than mine and it's quite inspiring.

It's reached the point where I'm being told that my only interaction with anyone on site should be through an online helpdesk system. If something breaks it shouldn't be reported to me, but reported online. Then when I see the repair job, that's when I should leave my office. They may as well hire a robot.