Thread: Issues with work or am I being sensitive.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Zellic
    Hi Dan, I too am currently off work with depression and I had my OH meeting two weeks ago. The person I saw was really helpful and they are there to support you. My meeting went really well and they could see that it was work that was causing me to be anxious and stressed which led to my depression. So now the ball is in my employers court as OH have told them that they need to get my job role sorted before I return to work on a phased return, as well as having regular 1:1 meetings which don't stop until I no longer feel I need thrm and my employer also needs to do a stress assessment and whatever gets flagged up by this they need to do their best to resolve it. Hope this helps to relieve some of your worrying in regards to this meeting. I too was worried just like you but they are definitely on your side. I've been off work for just over two months and I needed that time to get my head around things and slowly begin to realise that I hadn't done anything wrong with the help from medication, CBT, friends, family and this forum who all helped me to get the support and give me the courage/confidence to do what I needed to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zellic For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-02-18)

Marky123
    Hi Dan, I am currently off work with depression, have been for a month, I have a Doctors appointment later today and expect to be signed off again. I spoke to Occupational Health earlier in the week (by phone), I was really worried about it, but I actually found it quite helpful and they have told work that I will need a few more weeks , as I am changing medication and when I do go back it will be phased return. My partner keeps trying to reassure me that I'm not to blame and I'm not in trouble, but I find it difficult to accept. The one thing I am slowly realising their is no point rushing back, if it puts you back to square one. take your time and look after yourself.

Also this is my first post so hello!