Thanks all for the comments. So what am I to expect with the occupational health meeting. Is it normally by phone, face to face etc?

I think the issue is my GP has signed me off for a month to allow time for the medics to start taking affect and for me to try and recover. Only a few days in I know feel like I’m going to be spending this time off worrying about this meeting and what my work might do. I’ve only been at the company for 12 months so I fear that my rights are pretty basic. I’m just finding that my employer is not allowing me to recover. The plan was to take this time off to try and get back to some kind of normality and then go back to work with a much better mind set.

Regarding my boss I just feel that there has been no support. I feel that if for instance I had broken a bone or something and was off for a month then they would not be perusing the same route.

The last few days I had felt like things were coming back to normal. I got out the house and was trying to do some things that I enjoy doing that I stopped doing a few months back. After that email I’m not constantly worried, my sleep last night was horrendous and I feel like I’m back to where I started.