Thread: Personal Entry but I don't care. I need some hope.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Azarino
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD. Can I ask how old you are? Have you told your tutor how bad you are feeling? What's the course and the placement? I did teacher training and I know I had better placements than others and I know that a friend of mine hated his so much that he worked out that career wasn't for him so he dropped the teacher training. He's now doing brilliantly working all over the world.
    You mention counselling, did you get that through your Dr? Are you on meds? Oh and you're definitely not "lame"
    Course is Computer Science and i'm doing a remote-based placement; working over the internet. I want to pursue my course for future employment but after having this bad experience, with a boss who can't lead and who doesn't understand that i'm still a student, one who can't dedicate all my time to him. It's making this second year a horrible experience. My motivation has dwindled extremely fast after last weeks argument with my placement provider. Now, I don't know what to do except rest as I feel truly burnt out, depressed and stupid for not having gotten better yet mentally after multiple times and years of trying.

I've been to the GP multiple times and have been told each time to try a new medication. I have been on four (fluoxitine, citalopram, sertraline and mirtazapine) all have never given me any bad side effects, nor have the improved anything.

I've made it worse for myself by stopping my current medication as I felt it was doing nothing. The support for mental health is very poor in the UK; provided by the NHS.

Thank you, for the kind responses. I'm just stuck in a rut, I know what I need to do to get out. But, I don't have the energy or want to do that.

Did you stop your meds at once or gradually decrease? Does your dr know you’ve stopped?

Sometimes it takes a while to get the right combination of meds for you. You’ve tried 4 but there’s a lot of other ADs available to try. Please go back to see your doctor and tell them everything you’ve told us here
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.