continued:

First, the most awful suggestion I have ever heard, them to arrange me to go out for a coffee with someone else who has been through depression. Probably wont put this into the best words, but:

when I told my wife, she said "he obviously don't know you at all"
I made it very very clear in my accompanying letter I don't like talking to strangers.

The thought of having to meet someone I don't know that isn't a qualified therapist, over a coffee in a public place and talk about my illness, well some of you might well find this sort of thing helpful, it makes me want to run a mile.

When I said "not a chance", he seemed a little taken aback I thought it such an awful idea.

2) Telephone support for behavioural Activation that if I understood him correctly is a sort of automated thing where I press a number depending on my answer etc.

I said I would give it a go (was put on the spot, wasn't expecting him on the phone etc)

And sure I'm being unfair as I haven't tried it yet, but I just don't feel like I'm receiving proper therapy/help to get top the root of my problem, just by randomly phoning me up makes me have little confidence in them.

So, I received another letter (saying "Following our first appointment", just like the first letter did) saying I had been added to the waiting list for step 2 1:1 Telephone Support for Behavioural Activation, along with another questionnaire.

I'm not going to fill out the questionnaire saying I don't feel it's helpful when I know it will be the same person contacting me again in the future.

I had to wait two weeks for an appointment at my GP, had it this morning. They were more than happy to refer me to a pain clinic.

I've had a thing connected to my nose and finger while sleeping for a night and have an appointment with the sleep clinic in June.

Not sure what else to say at the moment. I feel more pi$$ed off than depressed if I'm honest, I'm not sure I really have confidence in Wellbeing, if after reading the letter I sent them, they really thought I would be happy meeting a stranger for coffee, then I kind of feel like I'm wasting my time, but at least the process has been started.