Thread: Support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JamieW
    It's something we have to come to terms with .... it's incredibly hard for people 'outside' of your own head to understand what depression is and how you feel.
    My wife is very much in the same position in terms of me trying to explain to her .... still don't think she does ....

But in the first instance definitely seek some professional help .... speak to your GP ... they will help .... also look at what counselling resources are available (GP can help if you can't find via google) - try "gloucestershire nhs talking therapies" .... its how i found my local one .... you can then generally 'self refer' to the service. Someone will call you to assess and discuss needs.

GP will / can refer you too anyway ...

The issue is that we cannot simply 'snap out of it' or just 'be happy' ... It is an illness .... you wouldn't tell someone with any other visible illness to just 'get better' but because this is hidden and, for me anyway, i function normally to the outside world, it's much more difficult for people to see .... i hide mine incredibly well so people had no idea i was screaming / collapsing inside my head

Hope you can get help soon .... please go to GP as soon as you can ... it's 1st step

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieW For This Useful Post:

OldMike (05-01-18)