Thread: need some advice *SU TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jenibi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post

Have you ever spoken to your gp about how you feel? They can help you access treatment, medication or counselling, and refer on if needed.
    Of course I have, I have been on citralopram for two years, had counseling and tried self help. It doesn't work. I wouldn't be here if it worked. Forums are not my ideal place, I find them to be crawling with people just waiting to put you down so no, I didn't go to a forum as my first line of defence. I came here because although I could never be honest with my counselor I can be honest on here and I hoped there would be people who understand and who i could talk with but instead I'm on a depression forum where suicide is a trigger word... I guess, I'm just regretting doing this.

jenibi
    Quote Originally Posted by jenibi View Post
    Of course I have, I have been on citralopram for two years, had counseling and tried self help. It doesn't work. I wouldn't be here if it worked. Forums are not my ideal place, I find them to be crawling with people just waiting to put you down so no, I didn't go to a forum as my first line of defence. I came here because although I could never be honest with my counselor I can be honest on here and I hoped there would be people who understand and who i could talk with but instead I'm on a depression forum where suicide is a trigger word... I guess, I'm just regretting doing this.
    sorry if that came across as a little bit too defensive, I know you're trying to help. thank you.

Hi and welcome. Please don’t regret coming here, we do understand, we can and will talk with you and we can help. Suicide is a trigger word but we don’t stop people discussing it, we just need to warn others to keep all our members safe.

We ask if you’ve seen your doctor because many people don’t. Well done for working so hard to get well though, just because it’s not worked yet, doesn’t mean it won’t. Can you go back to your doctor and ask for alternatives? There are a large number of ADs available, for instance, and different people respond to different drugs. Citalopram may just not be the one for you. Has anyone talked to you about CBT?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

jenibi
    Hi Paula. Yes I have tried cbt both on my own and with my counselor. I didn't really find it that helpful when I was already feeling down. It really only helps me to prolong up moments.

Hi suzi, I know you mean well but I don't think berating me for something I've already apologized for is particularly helpful. I really do get enough of people doing that irl. I'm guessing it wasn't your intention it's just how it comes across...
    I'm here for that understanding. I just want to talk about how I'm feeling and get some advice, not the merits and demerits of trigger warnings so can we please move past that point?