Thread: Contemplating a doctor visit *SU*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That first step is really the most difficult. It is scary to get in contact with those who can help. I felt like I was a failure when I first went to my doctor and asked for help. I didn't realise then that she really didn't know what was going on in my head and I really had to sit down and tell her. That was too difficult for me so I wrote it all down. I explained in my note that I wasn't sleeping, was having trouble doing things for myself, like showering and eating, and the main thing that I wasn't coping as a mother and I was going to hurt my little girl. I'm so lucky that I didn't have to wait long for an appointment with the psychariatist, and they got me started on treatment almost straight away. Unfortunately, I had a spell in hospital but I got better and got home again. I still receive treatment and help when I need it and I can make an appointment at any time for my GP and I can get an appointment with someone from the psychiatric team at short notice (usually about a week).
    Just because you've taken that first step doesn't automatically mean that you will have a stay in hospital. The beds are very scarce and they really try to treat at home now, so please don't be afraid to take that first step. Make that appointment to register as an out-patient and good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (29-12-17)