Thread: Don't know where to turn or what to do

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok, I'm not sure where I'm headed with this response, so bear with me?

I get that sex and sexual activity is incredibly important to you, and I'm sure there are solutions which I'll head to in a bit, but is it not more important to be stable mentally before having sex?
    There are far more anti d's than the ones you have mentioned and there are many, many more combinations available which might help? If your GP isn't able to suggest something more helpful than "live with it" then maybe you could be referred to a psych for more help? Or the CMHT?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ovalbug
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure where I'm headed with this response, so bear with me?

I get that sex and sexual activity is incredibly important to you, and I'm sure there are solutions which I'll head to in a bit, but is it not more important to be stable mentally before having sex?
    There are far more anti d's than the ones you have mentioned and there are many, many more combinations available which might help? If your GP isn't able to suggest something more helpful than "live with it" then maybe you could be referred to a psych for more help? Or the CMHT?
    I'd love to be mentally stable, but whenever I've got near that state, I've then suffered the sexual side effects that then makes me miserable, frustrated and withdrawn - the ballet dancer without legs' scenario. My self esteem plummets, the one thing in life I enjoy is taken away and I just spiral into misery again. I was on fluoxetine for 6 years. It was miserable.

My GP(s) seem to want to keep trying SSRI/SNRI drugs, one after the other, each time causing me a new set of side effects then withdrawal symptoms, only to be be faced with the common denominator of the sexual side effects.

They want to keep trying, yet don't seem to realise that all SSRI/SNRI drugs have that risk - every medical website there is acknowledge that one of the side effects of SSRI/SNRIs is sexual problems - not all suffer, but many do and I'm one of them, big time.

Why keep trying the same type of drugs by various different names when the key fundamental way they work causes that effect with me. I'm allergic to all nuts. It's like the Doctor is insistent to keep trying me on different types of nut in case I'm not allergic to one of them - give up already, I'm allergic to nuts!!

Forgive me - I'm just so frustrated.

I appreciate that there are lots and lots of drugs available, but the only one I can find that doesn't have any reports of sexual side effets is Wellbutrin.

Unless anyone else can point me towards another?