Thread: My little worries are building up...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lostandalone
    Welcome.

I'm a student too! I fully understand what you're going through. I'm sure your boyfriend will understand if you told him. You should confide in him don't worry about stressing him out too much. Maybe it would make you feel better...you don't have to tell him everything. Even to tell him something at all may help you. Depending your relationship with your parents maybe you could tell them.

Try to avoid cannabis it wont help.
    I am an insomniac for the last 7 years! GP's refuse to prescribe me anything. Well my GP does yours may be very different.
    So I totally understand, but do not find drugs a solution.

I would recommend you go to the GP ASAP and have a discussion with them.

If you ever need someone to speak to feel free to PM me.

Alexis
    Yeah I know my family and boyfriend would help support me through this but he really is so stressed about uni (and he has a really nagging best friend who takes up a lot of his time with his issues). My parents too, they've worked so hard their whole lives to give me an amazing upbringing I cant face giving them this issue in return. My sister has just moved to the same uni so my mum is alone quite a lot which has affected her so I don't want my problems as something to worry about. My dad works away a lot to keep us afloat financially and the thought of having this added pressure and worry on them is awful.

I think i'll defos go to the GP about my sleep, i'm just struggling to find any time at the moment to do it the now

Thank you so much for messaging

Hi Alexis and welcome. I had my first bout of depression when I was 16 and didn’t talk to anyone about how I was feeling. It was another 11 years before I finally admitted there was a problem, and only because my mum frogmarched me down to the doctors. I’ll never know if I could have prevented further issues if I’d have got help sooner but I do know that I would have coped much, much better if I’d have had the support of my friends, family and doctors. As a mum (my eldest is about your age) I was devastated when we found out my youngest was struggling and hadn’t wanted to tell us because she didn’t want to make things difficult for me. Believe me, your mum would feel the same
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.