Thread: Mother with depression, won't help herself...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You are her daughter. You should not be dealing with this alone - no one can. I promise. You need to tell your Dad and you need to get her to see her GP and tell them what's happened.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Lumicat88
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You are her daughter. You should not be dealing with this alone - no one can. I promise. You need to tell your Dad and you need to get her to see her GP and tell them what's happened.
    Even if my Dad knew (he does kinda know anyway as her mood has changed) he couldn't do anything. She refuses to help herself, she'd rather argue with him and be unhappy than have help and feel normal.

I just can't help her. She calls me daily and I can tell her mood straight away, all I can do is try to not let it rub off on me, but it does. When she's angry and sad I then feel like it too. Sucks.

I'm sorry, lovely .

You need to talk to your dad, even if she won't listen to him, you need to share this burden ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.