Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That sounds like a wonderful way of spending the morning. What kind of canvasses are you looking for? Amazon has loads and they are fairly reasonable (our youngest is amazingly artistic - she certainly didn't get it from me!)

My day was going ok, but it hasn't ended that brilliantly - long story. Looking forward to the new series of Silent Witness tonight!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Yeah, it was a lovely morning Suzi! I can pop just out of my town tomorrow to find a canvas, otherwise it's Amazon for the win haha! My plan is to paint a scenic background, e.g. Starry sky with a big moon, sunset over the sea etc. And to then use pebbles (from the local beach!) to make into people. Then I can create scenes from this and even mix real sand into the paint too, as well as glitter for the sea and stars.

I'm not enjoying the art as much as before but I'm still trying to just do things in short bursts. I was doing some mindfulness colouring tonight but stopped when it got to the point that I felt I was forcing myself to do it.

Finished off my book finally! So I will pop to the library tomorrow and pick up some different books to read.

Sometimes I beat myself up and call myself lame and a loser for spending my days in this way but working hard regardless to fight against these unhelpful negative thoughts. Feeling a bit bored and struggling with ED thoughts, so planning on watching Vera from last night with my mam before some hypnosis to switch off to sleep. Day by day, hey?

Ahh sorry your day didn't end brilliantly. You always sound so positive mind you! Enjoy Silent Witness! I've never seen that before. Hope you have a good night and a brighter day tomorrow.

How is your pain today? I know you said you were having your dressing changed today.

Dare I ask about Crash Bang Wollop? Hehe xx

I bet you are better than you think at the art. I know when I started my last class, I was crap at drawing. In the end I was able to draw a pair of sneakers and a half decent landscape.

Wow that scene sounds amazingly beautiful!
    Hunni, you are very, very far from being lame or a loser! I think you're amazing.
    Silent Witness - Forensic Pathology! I'd love to have done something like that!

JustEM
    Thanks Suzi,

I'm going to make one for someone in my family who's going into a really bad depression just now. I don't know him that well but he was a nurse at the hospital I was at and he would visit me every day. He even brought me a huge framed positive quote poster. He's my sister in law's brother. I was thinking of creating the sunset and sea scene with a pebble person jumping in the air, and I thought of painting one of my leftover pots with bright colours and filling it with loads of different positive quotes and poems. Knowing I will be doing something for someone else will be good motivation to crack on and get arty! So that's tomorrows plan!

My mam didn't fancy Vera tonight so I'm tuning into silent witness! I love these kind of shows, wouldn't fancy it as a job though haha!

Yeah, I know it's just negative thoughts and what we 'do' doesn't totally define how good a person we are. Positive as ever!

JustEM
    Thanks Magie,

Well I'm pretty good with a paint brush but have broken the only three sewing machines I've ever used and have knitted a couple of dodgy scarves haha! But learning new craft skills is always nice. Well done for giving the drawing a go!

How are you doing Magie? X

Hi Em, I'm doing okay to be honest. Plodding along and taking it day by day. Some days are easier than others and some days I'd love nothing more than to stay in bed and not have to deal with anything or anyone. But thankfully those days are generally outnumbered by the good days. This time of the year in the past has been a trigger for me, Christmas over and nothing to look forward to, dark mornings and dark evenings, Easter a long way off, but over the last few years, I've talked myself out of that. I've looked on the positive and tried to get out once in the day. I find the lack of vitamin D really sets off my depression, so I walk in the morning when the best chance of getting some sun normally happens.

You are a really kind person. Good luck with filling your pot today with those positive thoughts. If you are stuck there is a website called Pinterest that has sections on mindfulness and positive affirmations that might be of some help to you.

I think it's wonderful that you are doing those things for someone else. But as long as I've known you, you've always been about what you can do to help others - raising money for charity etc... You really are a wonderful and kind person.

So... how's your mood today? How's the shakes babe?

JustEM
    Morning Magie!

I'm glad to hear the good days outnumber the bad and that you're staying positive. Lots of people get 'the January blues', but we have the lighter mornings, lighter evenings, longer days, brighter colours and flowers to look forward to as spring draws closer.

Popping out each day for a stroll even just a short while helps me too. Have you tried one of those sun lights people with SAD often use? Have you tried taking any vitamin tablets? Floradix are good, just check with your doc though that they won't interact with any prescribed meds.

Thanks, that is such a great site!!

Have a lovely day xx

JustEM
    Aww thanks Suzi, that's sweet of you to say! Helping others keeps me motivated.

Mood isn't bad, but it's empty. Feel detached, like I simply exist but am not present. It's a weird sense of emptiness and nothingness, like being on the sidelines. Like I don't know who I am. I get this a lot, but the mood isn't depressed today so no complaints haha!

Had a lovely morning so far with pampering, massage, hot shower, stretches and mindful colouring with hypnosis and relaxation music in the background. Spot of fresh air now before painting commences haha!

I'm still doing what I need to do nutrition wise. It's part of getting well right? I comply without supervision which is great. I feel so much better that the horrid OT isn't involved either. I still get difficult thoughts but I know the drill and im coping well.

Have a nice day! Any plans ? Xx