Yeah... It was a bit of a blow. I've decided I'm going to cancel my visa application when I get home tonight. I will lose the money either way. It's their policy. Seems unfair but there's nothing I can do about it.

This leaves me two options. One, take a short trip to Calcutta for 1-2 weeks on my current tourist visa that expires at the end of this month. At least I would then be able to make the peace I need to make during that time so I can just move on. I could also really do with a holiday after this last year haha! Then I could come back, re group, and settle down at home establishing what I want out of life here locally.

Otherwise, I could get another visa and fly out for a few months maximum but I won't get away from the fact that I will again have to return to square one back home and start over.

There are a lot of work, Church-based and voluntary opportunities in my nearby city centre open to me that I know I could immerse myself into and enjoy. For example, last year I got an interview for an apprenticeship at a lovely little nursery. It wasn't the right time then but after this news today I contacted the manager as the same position is again available and she was happy for me to re submit my application. It's for a September start...