I'm in about my 6th month of Mirtazapine and initially (15mg and since August, 30mg) they were fantastic but did make me drowsy as hell. If I took them at 20:30, I was asleep by 21:00. I now take them at 21:00 and usually in bed at around 10:30 at the latest. If I forget to take them and I take it late, mornings are hard. The problem I have is that I generally feel far worse in the early part of the day. Waking up in a daze really doen't help and if I have to commute to work (3 out of 5 days I work from home) I have a real struggle. At the moment I need to see about changing the dose as my mood is very bad again. I am relctant as I dont want to make the drowsiness worse. However as a bare bones review of my experience.
I felt my absolute worse when I went through a phase of not sleeping. For a few months I was sleeping a couple of hours a night. That doesn't happen with this drug. It knocks you out. When I first moved to this from Citalopram, it gave results very quickly, far quicker than any ADs I have used before. I would definitely suggest trying these if prescribed the general positives are better than the alternatives.