Thread: Just been prescribed mirtazapine.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know my husband is on another anti D which makes him really drowsy too, but he always says that if that's the worst side effect that he's going to have whilst being more stable then he's happy to be a little drowsy whenever a dose needs to be changed.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Grey haze
    I'm in about my 6th month of Mirtazapine and initially (15mg and since August, 30mg) they were fantastic but did make me drowsy as hell. If I took them at 20:30, I was asleep by 21:00. I now take them at 21:00 and usually in bed at around 10:30 at the latest. If I forget to take them and I take it late, mornings are hard. The problem I have is that I generally feel far worse in the early part of the day. Waking up in a daze really doen't help and if I have to commute to work (3 out of 5 days I work from home) I have a real struggle. At the moment I need to see about changing the dose as my mood is very bad again. I am relctant as I dont want to make the drowsiness worse. However as a bare bones review of my experience.
    I felt my absolute worse when I went through a phase of not sleeping. For a few months I was sleeping a couple of hours a night. That doesn't happen with this drug. It knocks you out. When I first moved to this from Citalopram, it gave results very quickly, far quicker than any ADs I have used before. I would definitely suggest trying these if prescribed the general positives are better than the alternatives.