Thread: Teresa May Speech

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The standard statistic was 1 in 4 years ago. It's thought to be much more like 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 in some areas.

I think it's a start, but it's quite a pathetic one imho. Not nearly enough money, CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) are a joke. It took us years to be seen for B, but so little help at all - appointments 1ce a month or 1ce every 2 months for something cbt based isn't enough and just doesn't work.
    Teachers can't do it all. They are currently meant to be checking for racism, extreamism as well as everything else. Most teachers will notice if a child doesn't seem OK anyway. "Mental Health First Aid"? What's that actually going to be?
    What about the people who are struggling now? Around the 30 - 50 age bracket? Some areas people wait 18 months just to have an assessment, then wait another 18 months to see someone - I know as it happened to me. Surely I and every other adult is worthy of the help too? Surely if the parents/teachers/adults weren't struggling so badly then maybe the children would be better anyway?

*Steps down from soap box*
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (09-01-17)