Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: My Positive Days Post

Oh no about the heaters! Glad it was just the lead that was the victim...
    So glad you had a proper rest and are feeling better hunni
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Oops! Glad the headaches gone, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Can't sleep tonight my legs are just too restless and my mouth too sore. Had a good day today. H and I finished the previous Christmas glazing and got the kiln on. Then we went to the giant new lidl that has just opened. It's a lovely store with wide asles and you don't feel cramped. This evening I played a board game with A and H which was fun. I rarely get to play games although I love them. Got round to putting up a lot of my homemade decorations this afternoon but not before I had a nap as I was exhausted after our shopping trip. I must have dropped right off for a bit as I was listening to Yes Minister and one minute they were discussing a problem with badgers and next the credits were playing!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

That sounds like a good day lovely! Hope you got some sleep..

That does sound like a good day
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes having written that post and after half a lorzapam, a couple of painkillers and half an hour cleaning the kitchen I went off like a light!

Just thought as its been a few days since I wrote on here that I would share my Christmas with anyone interested.
    Firstly I hope you all managed to get through the Christmas period OK without too many tears and stresses.
    My Christmas has been surprisingly good. On Christmas eve me and my daughter spent the day together doing a bit of cooking and cleaning and watching Christmas films. I had a surprise visit from a guy who wanted to buy a voucher for a class as a present (talk about leaving it to the last minute!). I was a bit sad that hubby was not able to come and spend the night with me but since his brother came out of hospital last Thursday he has had to be on hand almost constantly to look after him. I don't know what will happen next week when he is due to go back to work because there is no way he can leave M for over 12 hours. Later on Christmas Eve Dad came for tea and we watched a film. After I had taken him home though and H and A retreated to their sitting room to watch a DVD I did have a wobble and ended up going to bed at 8 oclock.
    Christmas day was quite a quiet affair for us. We had decided after the tears and stresses of last year that we would not be having a Christmas dinner as such and H cooked a special pasta dish and we had a gateaux for pud. Dad came over and we opened presents together (hubby was able to pop in for an hour). At 5 I took Dad home and H and A went to A's parents. At this point I decided to brave visiting M and hubby at their house. Hubby has done a fab job of clearing up after M and the totally overwhelming rotting smell had gone. It was actually quite pleasant there if I ignored M's terribly infantile sense of humour. One I got home I spent an hour cleaning up and when H and A came home we played Catan till the early hours.
    Today we had our "christmas dinner" at a local restaurant. It was much less stressful than cooking our own and NO washing up!! plus it came to less than £20 a head so was probably cheaper than if we had done it ourselves!
    My son came down from Bristol and like a typical Mum I am now concerned that he is not looking after himself as he seems to have gained a bit of weight and his acne is back. (You don't ever really stop worrying about them!!)
    Well it is now past midnight so I am officially a year older.... Later today we are going to Slimbridge wetlands centre to feed the ducks but there is no point in going to bed yet as my neighbour has a rather rollicking party going on at the moment and the drink has obviously been flowing as they have got noisier as the night has worn on. I dont mind though as they are usually very quiet next door and only have parties about twice a year!

Happy birthday lovely!!

Happy birthday gorgeous lady

Happy birthday. I hope that this year is better than last year for you.