Thanks all for your replies. I think I had kind of told myself that come the rheumatology appointment is finally have answers and hopefully an action plan to deal with the pain. I've been on paracetamol 500mg x2 four times a day and naproxen 500g twice a day for many years but I find they hardly touch the sides on a bad day. The GP that refered me was a different Dr I see now, she actually refered me in Oct but I missed first rheumatologist appointment the hospital sent due to them sends to my old address so I had to wait on a 2nd referral before being seen, just very frustrating really more than anything. GP I see is very good and I'm happy to wait a few more weeks of it means he can take time to read diary & have consultants letter to hand,
Just getting really anxious with everything as my SSP from work is due to end next month (posted in other post) and I'm not sure that depression, debilitating as it is, is enough to qualify me for ESA benefit while my work allow me a further 6 months unpaid leave to recover. I joined the fight back 4 justice page, and from what I read last night there are a number of hoops I need to jump through in order to qualify, despite the fact my GP and an independent Occupational Health Dr that my work send me to have said I'm not fit for duties & no reasonable adjustments can be made at present. I was/am hoping a diagnosis of some description would be more in my favour than not I guess.