Thread: Need advice re AD side effects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD. I have to agree with everyone before me. Have you spoken to your GP about these issues you are having?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ovalbug
    I can sympathise. I was on Fluoxetine for several years which was a great drug for my mood and well being, however I suffered the same sexual side effects which eventually started to make me miserable as the lack of sexual fulfilment in my marragie was causing me issues and promoting unhappiness. I switched to Mirtazapine and the side effects went away, however I feel it doesn't help my mood and I suspect I'm rather grumpy and generally lethargic on the mirtazapine. I've has my dose increased from 30mg to 45mg in the hope it will lift my mood. If it doesn't I might have to continue to look elsewhere.

It's such a shame that ADs have side effects and that it can often be the case of putting up with the lesser of evils.

I too went down the research road and also found that Wellbutrin was the one that seemed to hit the spot from a mood perspective and not carry sexual side effects. iIn the UK it is only prescribed as a smoking cessation aid and not off label for depression. A real shame as reports suggest it's a great drug for depression. I asked my Doctor about it but was told no chance, no way, now how would they prescribe it off label.