Hello

I have been prescribed Trazodone to help me get off to sleep, and would like to hear of other's experiences on this med please.

I have greatly upset my body clock. I've always been a night owl, but now I can't get off to sleep until 4-6am (I have no trouble staying asleep, once I nod off)

My doctor has given me one weeks worth of Zopiclone in the past and it's worked wonders, but she refuses to prescribe this regularly, saying it's highly addictive. I've told her I don't care, as I crave a normal sleep pattern, where I'm not waking next day at lunchtime, but she won't budge. After the 7 days of tablets run out, she would only prescribe antihistamines of many types, and none worked at low or high doses.

I've been given Trazodone in place of Prozac, and I'm on 75mg a night. It's done nothing over the last 3 nights of taking it. I have to go back to the doctors in 3 weeks to review and have the dose increased if necessary (I wish I could go now!)

Can any users of this drug for sleep let come know what dosage worked for them, and also any side effects they've noticed too please?

Many thanks