Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any one growing any fruit or veg this summer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chocolate mint? Does that produce aeros?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

MaraUT (15-01-16),OldMike (14-01-16)

It died before I tried it, but I thought maybe it could be used for Mojito?

Where is the evidence of your amazing mystical lavender bush Paula?

Tomorrow, I promise
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    There is this link here
    http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....g-your-own-veg
    and think there is a thread in the general chat area about growing veg aswell
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

OldMike (14-01-16)

Ok, here is my lavender hedge - given this is with the winter cutback, and the plants are 2.5 times this during the summer ..... Of course it does cause problems getting to the car when the bees are enjoying the lavender

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (15-01-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Ok, here is my lavender hedge - given this is with the winter cutback, and the plants are 2.5 times this during the summer ..... Of course it does cause problems getting to the car when the bees are enjoying the lavender

I am jealous. It looks like a sunny spot, maybe mine need more sun. It's lovely it's next to the path, people will brush against it and get the smell of it

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    I am jealous. It looks like a sunny spot, maybe mine need more sun. It's lovely it's next to the path, people will brush against it and get the smell of it
    Yeh out the front is south facing (which means the back garden is north facing ). It gets a lot of sun! It's lovely opening the front door in summer as the smell hits you. Hubby hates lavender but tough

That will be amazing in summer x now we need a picture when in full bloom
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.

We didn't plant a garden last year because of the move, but I'm excited to help out this year now we're "back on the farm". My mom has the tomatoes, chiles, and a lot of the greens taken care of. It's harder for her to manage much else. I always get so excited this time of year as the seed catalogs come and we start to get outside more. The past few years, we were able to grow almost all the veg we needed and froze, canned, and dried for storage.

Does your dad lie gardening, maybe you could do the manual labour and he could plant the plants and look after them ?