Thread: Need some advice *Triggers*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    IronTarkus

Need some advice *Triggers*

Hi all,

I just needed some advice before I started taking this medication again, and to be honest I can't really ask my family because they are somewhat embarrassed about the fact that I have mental health problems, so I would feel very uncomfortable having a conversation with them about going back on medication. I think it's better I just keep them out of it, which is what has led me here to you lovely people.

Anyway, here's the situation. About 2-3 years ago my depression got really bad and I tried to take my own life and ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks, when I left they made me start taking loads of different pills but the only ones I can remember are Mirtazapine which I was taking 30mg twice a day, Pregabalin 150mg two times a day and Zopiclone at night to help me sleep. I have contacted my doctors and I can't get an appointment until the middle of the week but my condition is getting worse quickly, I've been having panic attacks fairly regularly, it can sometime be up to three nights before I even get a wink of sleep and my mood is generally low all of the time. I don't want to go to the hospital as I don't want to get my family involved, if I can wait until I can get to see my doctor then I think I can get the help I need but until then its a real struggle.

The thing I mainly want advice on is, as I said before I was on a lot of medication and pretty high doses too which is what led to me stopping taking them abruptly because being that zonked out all of the time makes you not even feel like yourself anymore, but because I stopped taking them so abruptly I found a weeks worth of Mirtazapine and a weeks worth of Pregabalin in my old room at my mum's.

I don't know if I should take them as these are the pills I am going to be asking my doctor for as even though they zonked me out they did alleviate ALL of my symptoms, however my worries are that the dose may be a bit overkill for my current requirements.... all I know is that I need to do something pretty soon as I don't want to go down that road again.

If anyone has experience of either of these pills then it may be helpful for me to know what kind of dose is a 'normal' dose as to judge if this is too high. Most places I have seen on the internet so far seem to indicate that both of the doses I was taking are fairly high but it would be nice to get this confirmed/disproved by a 'real' person who actually has experience with it.

Thanks again guys

TL;DR depressed guy needs to know if its a good idea to take pills that were prescribed previously, because cant get into doctors until at least mid week.
    Last edited by Paula; 11-01-16 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added trigger warning as suicide discussed