Thread: TED talk - 'emotional hygiene'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    QPRFan
    For me one of the things I am particularly brilliant at (and in some contexts its really necessary others it isn't) is over-analysis.

For me living in the moment and my approach to mindfulness has some of the seven steps prayer in it. That is the bit around accepting what we can and cannot influence. Part of that for me is how I respond to failure. It is not always my fault. Sometimes it is, when it is I need to make the conscious decision to try again. That sounds really easy I know it isn't. I am trying to change my wiring and feelings to make me see positives where I think there are none but also to embrace the negatives and move on. I struggle with this every day.

Part of it is the listing (either in your head or on paper) of the positive things. Thinking that way forces you to see the positives within a day. No matter how small they are. I will tackle that pile of ironing thats been sitting there is going to be one of mine. Posting here and reading is a positive for me too.

What I have written probably makes no sense.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to QPRFan For This Useful Post:

Paula (19-10-15)