Thread: Debt worries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PF as someone who is currently going through debt issues I am under a debt management plan with Stepchange who are fantastic. The CAB on this occasion isn't able to liase with debtors to arrange the plan in the same way as Stepchange. Stepchange are specifically able to support people with the best option on how to manage any debt concerns and help with any plans arrangements etc that you need to set off running. They have a long standing history (used to be CCCS I think) with the financial institutions and being a charity there are no fees for the management of the DMP unlike some other companies. I have been working with them for a year and I pay a regular monthly amount to them and they distribute it fairly amongst the people that I owe. They help with budgets and due to their reputation the financial institutions seem to be happier that you are working with them. I only experienced the calls/letters right at the beginning where Stepchange ask you to advise them of the situation and that you are taking advice and will offer a token amount and would come back to them in a month. Once they received the budget and the payment offer it has gone quiet and it means I am back in control. They offer such advice as getting a bank account separate from any of the people that you owe money to and a basic one that has no overdraft facilities etc. They are definitely worth talking to for this issue

The Money Advice Service and also www.moneysavingexpert.com are great places for ideas and help. The forum isn't quite as friendly as this one, but they are experienced in ideas and suggestions and one I'd recommend people have a nosey around to help with money.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nita For This Useful Post:

Angie (16-09-15),purplefan (16-09-15),Suzi (16-09-15)