Page 86 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

Faith isn't measured, you either have that faith or you don't. You have always come across as faithful. Having said that, we shouldn't stand still, fellowship, prayer, teaching, all these and more are vital to keep our relationship with God
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (26-03-16)

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I don't think there will ever be one common day for Easter celebrations. For Christmas it might be possible. The first reason is that Eastern Orthodox doesn't have an unique leader as Pope for Catholics. There are Eastern churches that follow new calendar and celebrate Christmas on December 25, these are Greek, Romanian, some Ucrainian churches and Bulgarian. Russian, Serbian and Georgian follow the old calendar. As for Easter, all Eastern churches celebrate it on the same date - this year is May 1, not sure about calculations, but the idea is that Orthodox Easter should come after Jewish Passover ( this year is on April 22). A week after Easter, Eastern christians honour the dead people and go to cemetery ( equivalent of Catholic November 2 day). From one side is a good idea, but from other side people gather at cemetery just symbolically, having big celebrations and often getting drunk and leaving a lot of garbage after them ( not in alll cases).

Today I've been to church. More people gathered and a girl fainted and was taken outside.

This saturday is the last saturday of month, so I was free. My boss only asked me to pay attention if there are any online clients until 8 pm ( it's not my work, just exception).

Personally I've been educated in double Orthodox-Catholic christian spirit, from one side Catholic church is a little closer, because from the earliest childhood all holidays had been celebrated on new calendar, except Easter.

Glad you've had today off!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes, practically off, but now a reason for anxiety ( exposed in another thread) and one more thing I'll write about a little later.

Photosession is to take place in 5 hours but I already have bad cramps in my stomach!

And I should also go to the office before.

You'll be brilliant, just try to relax
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You'll be fine Selena
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hope it's going well!

Thank you all, it was ok. I worked a little, but still have to translate a big pdf file, financial banking terminology.

I met once again the photographer, I told once that he and his wife are very pleasant people. She came, but then went home because one of their daughters got ill.
    He does have studies in Fine Arts, and probably has a good sense of intuition about others' feelings. He felt my tension and told me about it. We discussed a little and I got more relaxed. For this photosession I decided to change hair style - a kind of braids, a hard work for me as I did it many years ago and also had a hand trauma some time before. Ok, my mother helped me a lot with hair style.

But at photosession I came by myself. There were people in the park, sunny but a little windy day, that bothered me maybe a little.

He told me:" I prefer you to smile more, as when you're quiet you have a very sad and tragic expression...so that it really hurts." Never expected strange people to see this feature. He told me that there are no perfect people, from his point of view I have a very nice face, others do have especially nice lips, hands etc. Perfect people are very rare, and even they can be repulsive from his point of view. His opinion is that somebody's personality is the strongest complex feature.

He showed me some photos, well some were nice, but on photos I feel so fat and deformed...in comparison with previous years. When I imagine the bad comments of some of these online guys, especially Eastern ones. Wel, never expected it, but that's probably my doom. He is a good photographer and photos will be ready in a couple of days. He also said that in process of communication I'm very easy going and nice person.

I found some old photos of mine, did scan them at work... in the best way possible and I'll put them later.

Well, avoiding to fall into frame of nostalgia, I would say that I spent a rather good day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to selena For This Useful Post:

OldMike (02-04-16)

That's so brilliant!