Page 43 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

You used to run an IT company didn't you?

A chocolate stash? I'm puzzled, why would there be any left to stash???
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Yes I did. I also used to be an IT trainer in a past life but I used to teach the backend networking systems not the applications. I has made me very patient with people when I am teaching though, I often had to struggle to learn it myself so I understand when others dont "get it" and have the flexibility to be able to think of other ways to explain things when people dont understand it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-05-15)

A chocolate stash? I'm puzzled, why would there be any left to stash???
    Yes I know a strange concept... I tend to be a bit like a squirrel though and store it away for rainy days. It has been known for me to actually have chocolate so long that it goes funny. Mind you some lasts longer than others. Lindt Coconut balls were lush and did not last for more than a fortnight. (Lindt balls generally dont last long though around me)

Beat you to Pen's everyone
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I promise you will never find it!!! I have hiding places everywhere...

I can sniff out chocolate at a hundred paces ...... Be afraid, be very afraid

Well I got a box of Quality street for yesterdays work... So if anyone wants to share, come on round!

Fish is out of the kiln. Not entirely in one piece... However I think I can make a feature out of the damaged bit, a bit of glaze can cover a multitude of sins! I do have to give it a wash though and scrub a lot of the coating off as I over did the painting of the oxides and you cant see the fish features.

Had to give a presentation on my marketing plan today. The head tutor was very excited about my plans and says that he has a friend who makes over £80K a year doing training and organising courses with other artists. Personally I am not aiming that high, if I can make £15K then I can cover my bills, I am not particularly into flashing money around and my needs are simple.

Very excited when I got home. My advertising materials had arrived. I have a sign for the gate and for the window of the studio, new business cards with my address and flyers and postcards to hand out. I am a bit afraid to put the sign up though. It will be confirmation that its REALLY happening!
    I also had my CRB/DBS certificate through so I am legal to teach kids and vulnerable adults.

However also had another stinky letter from hubby's brothers solicitor which took the edge of my excitement. Then my Dad rang to say that my brother is going to ring (quite why he had to tell me this I have no idea!) and that bro (presumably plus SIL) is coming down to visit tomorrow afternoon, I have not seen him (or her) for nearly two years. SSHHHHIIIITTTTT the house is a mess (its VERY low priority at the moment) plus due to the firing schedule I have to be in college late tomorrow (Meeting the tutor at 5pm) to get a piece prepared and in the kiln. I will also have to be in college most of the rest of the day scrubbing and glazing my fish. I would love to see him and show off the new house and studio but just not tomorrow! However he normally works in London (he lives in Bristol) and spends his time up there. At weekends he and SIL spend their time on their motor yacht which is moored on the Thames so it is rare that we can get together. The only reason that he is coming now is that he is off work for a few weeks after heart trouble and so can fit us (and Dad) into his schedule so I will have to try and accommodate him or I might not see him for another two years!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-05-15)

Wow! What an exciting, busy day hope the solicitors isn't too much grief

Made an arrangement with bro, I am going to meet him, SIL and my great nephew and niece at lunchtime tomorrow at Dad's. It will be the first time I have met my great nephew (he is about 18 months) and the last time I saw my great niece she was a babe in arms, she is now almost 3! As Dad's place is just a couple of mins from college I can pop round at lunchtime and go back to college afterwards. It also means that bro and co wont be coming to my house which will be good as I am not sure how Ember will react to two small children in the house.