Page 161 of 300 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Still very tired. Although this morning did discover why I was a tired and bit down and in need of eating a bar of chocolate at 2 this morning. Ladies I am sure you will understand.
    Only had the blind group today and we had the best session yet. My friend from college A-M came to help and it made such a difference. She was able to sit with one of the totally blind people whilst I kept an eye on the another. She spent quite a bit of time sitting with a guy who is very quiet and withdrawn and I have never seen him so animated. A-M though is one of life's wonders. Someone who is always kind, always happy, always thinking of others despite life throwing some nasty curve balls at her like cancer and discovering her son had a baby that she knew nothing about till the mum and baby turned up on the doorstep from Japan. I think it sums her up that when that happened she just threw open the door and welcomed them in, to the house and her heart. She has said she will come every week and help but she wont accept payment, not even the cost of her petrol.

I have spent the evening helping another college friend out. What started out with her asking if she would need to pay business rates turned into an online seminar on running a business. Ending up with me offering to help her with her advertising plan.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like a good day hun despite mother nature throwing a curve ball in there at this moment
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Your friend sounds like an amazing person - maybe you or you and the blind group could make her something to say thanks? She sounds like she'd appreciate that far more than money...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

A wonderful friend, helping you out, and then you passed on the random act of kindness to your college friend. That's what life should be about
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

S deleted (27-09-15)

Had a little wobble last night after reading Rose's post so I hope she is alright. H has decided that she wants to get more exercise as well as her new diet so we took Ember for a two hour walk up Sand Point this morning. It was glorious, for most of the time we did not see anyone else (we did there at 9:15) the weather was not too hot or cold and just a gentle breeze blowing.

Here are some pics of where we went (try not to get too jealous!)
    http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/pe...%20Sept%202015

Now having had a rest for an hour I am trying to decide between drawing, housework, making pottery or gardening

Had an hour chatting to hubby this evening, holding his hand, reassuring him, persuading him that life is not so bad and that things will work out, wiping the tears...

Now I feel I may need to call the Samaritans myself.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Awww hunni, but make that call if you need to, I take it your hubby is upset about the house etc?
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Oh yes. He feels that the whole of his family is against him, even his local cousins. He feels that they are making him out to be a criminal and he is concerned that he may end up either in prison or a ditch.

Oh sweetheart that can't be easy.. One of my favourite things I've ever done was to climb Brean Down!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    Had a little wobble last night after reading Rose's post so I hope she is alright.
    I remember so clearly when you were so ill, and I woke up one morning worrying sick that something had happened to you. The first thing I did that morning is come on here and check to see that you'd posted.
    Maybe I should have told you that at the time, but what would you have said? Probably something like 'Don't worry about me!'

You got through it Pen, look at you now! You inspire me because you were ill a long time and went through a lot and came out the other side, not just surviving, but flourishing. So that gives me hope, a lot of hope.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Pen (28-09-15)