Page 115 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

That's awesome! I'm so thrilled for you!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    It must sound like I am being very materialistic at the moment, and perhaps I am, but getting lots of bookings over the summer is helping to put me on a safer footing financially and easing the worries I have of being able to stand on my own feet again. I feel that after six years I have managed to rebuild my life into something better and knowing that I can maintain this is a relief.
    I am tempted to contact my old tutors in the Autumn and ask if there are any students who would like to do work experience with me (its a requirement in the second year) or if any of the third years would like me to be their mentor. But I am worried that it may be a bit soon.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

It depends - do you think you could do with an extra pair of hands? I think you'd make a great mentor or work experience person as I think that you have so much knowledge to give!

I think I could find something for extra hands to do. For example I have an exhibition coming up and I will want to do more exhibitions over the year, a work experience person could help with the organisation, or if its a ceramics person they can get experience of recycling clay, making slip, making up base pots for me. They would also have to get involved with the day to day stuff like the cleaning but in return they can also help with the money side and start to understand things like insurance and taxes which is good experience for the future.
    I would like the company (and help) as well as feeling that I am giving something back to the college.

It sounds brilliant Pen. You have come so far and your business will thrive because you've got the drive to grow it.

You don't sound materialistic, you are building a business and that's meant to be about money. I think you're doing great.

I met up with a couple of my friends yesterday and they warned me that I was in danger of tiring myself out again with all this. I did take it easy yesterday afternoon and only have one class today before the big day tomorrow. The day will start with getting my diabetes results at 8:50 and then getting dinner into the slow cooker.

Hope the test results are good. Your friends are right, but you're also so full of excitement. It'll sort itself soon, once you have regulars etc....

Only had two from the blind group today which was a shame. Got 7 kids in the morning tomorrow and 2 in the afternoon. Then got my art club in the evening. Got my hand letter rack together and I am quite pleased with it, I have high hopes that it will be great when it is fired.

I loved the hand rack!