Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Well done for the volunteering. Did you call about the sanctions?
    I've already told them its not right & they've booked me in for an appointment on Friday. It's ridiculous how my sanction ended & now they've plucked another 200 days out of thin air. A work coach even assured me it ended & the system reflected this. She left shortly after which is no coincidence. I've been on this sanction for a few years now. I haven't missed any appointments all year either. It's just not fair. Now I know why Universal Credit is so controversial.

The only income I've been getting is hardship which is only around 150 a month & training ive been doin recently. I give my mum 200 a month .

What reason have they given for the sanction?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    What reason have they given for the sanction?
    They said that some days weren't accounted for from when I missed lots of appointments in July 2016. I recieved letters tellin me many of those sanctions were revised & taken off. Then the jobcentre paid me over 600 as some of those sanctions weren't valid.

I was then told this lengthy sanction would be ending in April & I would be back to recieving the full amount of Universal credit. They even said I'll be owed some money as the sanctions went on longer than they should. And now they say I have an extra 200 days left!. It doesn't add up. I told them straight & some on the phone was speaking to me in a condescending manner like I'm a piece of meat caus thats how they speak to you at the jobcentre .

Do you still have those letters? Can you prove any of what you are saying?
    It's not always how they speak to you. Do you have anyone you could take with you? A welfare rights worker or similar?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    I overheard my mum admitting how much my vile brother controls her. Everytime I tell her this she defends him so it's a relief to hear her acknowledge this. Last night for instance he let his friends into the living room after 11pm. This wouldn't happen at anyone else's house but this is how much control he has over my mum. The other night he was drunk & when he's drunk he's extremely obnoxious & intimidating. It's a form of abuse in a way to make people feel uncomfortable & constantly on edge.

Regarding the sanction, the jobcentre said they need to speak to someone as they're as confused as I am. Btw I've been thinkin lately what would happen in the event of my mum not being around?. My mums friend said that I'd be thrown on the street as my names not on the house, is this true?. I'd prob take being on the street over living with my awful brother. Without my mum he'd allow people in the house 24/7 including his friends from prison .. I've been considering CBD oil btw but it seems expensive. Oh & I attended a board games night on Thursday with the meetup were we played cards & I even got up & played a virtual reality game with a bow & arrow, it was trippy as!. I know this is all a lot to digest, I try to be as concise as possible because a wall of text can be overwhelming .
    Last edited by SA89; 22-06-19 at 03:19 PM.

Please talk to Citizens Advice, they’d be able to give you answers re housing and help you deal with the job centre
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Check it with shelter and or the CAB because each council have their own rules regarding rights to succession....
    She's going to have to stand up to him. Maybe you could do it together?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    There's people threatening to come round & cause trouble because my twat brother owes them 600. They could even hurt my mum, me & my dog. All because of his debt from buying weed. He's petrified which is ironic given how he likes to portray a "thug" like image.

My aunts fella has offered to pay some of it as it needs to be paid by Wednesday. This place doesn't help my mental health issues at all. Tbh I don't even care if I die so it'd be a relief if someone was to inadvertently kill me. I'm already dead inside ..

Mira
    What do you need to do to break this cycle? It feels like you are going round and round in circles. And when people give advice you give a thanks and nothing else.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (23-06-19)

Has anyone spoken to the police?