Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of thriving

Glad you're OK hunni x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Today I was reminded of how easy it is to slip into a downward spiral and how hard it can be to stop yourself from free falling into a hole.

I had a psychiatric appointment a couple of weeks ago, it was a tough day in an already hard week. It really knocked me for 6. Since then my anxiety and agitation has been increased. I'm not sleeping very well or soundly.
    This has a knock on effect on my flashbacks which sends my distress sky rocketing. I'm also exhausted and have a niggling tension headache most of the time which means I dont feel like doing the things that help me cope.... eg swimming, meeting up with friends. I just want to curl up on my sofa.
    I'm trying to break the cycle. Yesterday I did a bit of gardening, today I met a friend for a short walk but I'm worn down. As ever stopping the direction of the spiral and turning it around requires a lot more energy than just staying riding it down. At the end of the day, I'm the only one that can make the choice to try turn it around and put the effort in that it takes.
    Its damn hard, I dont really want to, I'm tired and my sofa is comfy but that black hole is not somewhere I want to be.
    So today, I was honest with my psychologist, I shared the fact that I'm struggling with my friend because having your support network makes all the difference whether its friends, family, on line community , we all need it to succeed.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Do you think you could go for a swim tomorrow?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post

Do you think you could go for a swim tomorrow?
    I'm hoping to. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-10-21)

I'm proud of you for recognising for this and knowing what you need to do... Maybe we could do a google meet thing next week or so? Might help?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m definitely up for a google meet. Wait, am I gatecrashing? Sorry if I’m not invited but just saying I would really love to see all your lovely faces and chew the fat with you all. I miss those meetings.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm proud of you for recognising for this and knowing what you need to do... Maybe we could do a google meet thing next week or so? Might help?
    Sounds good, let me know when suits you guys.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-10-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I am so exhausted and every muscle in my body aches (I know, some of you are thinking, welcome to my world)
    I did a pile of ironing this morning and I'm worn out.
    I'm actually beginning to wonder if I have a virus or something but I've no temperature. Dont think there will be much else done today. I feel ready for bed so dont think I'll try a swim. I thought about a walk but even the thought is making my legs ache more.
    Sorry I dont mean to whinge but it just sort of struck me that maybe some of how I'm feeling has a physical cause. I'm always quick to blame my MH.

You are aware that MH can have physical symptoms too. Physical exhaustion is t uncommon when we’re struggling mentally. Maybe you need a couple of days of taking it easy to recharge the battery.

While I agree with Stella, it might be worth doing a covid test, just to rule that out?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.