Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bloggin away..

Babe, you deserve better than that. What is it you want out of it all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

TiffanyyO
    well i thought he was the one i was going to marry. i cant let go of that for some reason. people keep saying there are others out there, but when i think about being with anyone else, i get sick to my stomach

I can totally relate to that feeling. I thought I’d met the man I would spend the rest of my life with so finding out the day before putting down a deposit for our wedding reception that he was cheating on me was like being punched in the gut or trying to breath in a vacuum. My life was turned upside down when I read the words he wrote to another woman, how he didn’t love me and was only with me because we had bought a house together. This all happened 16 yrs ago but I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I eventually got over him. It took a long time and like you the thought of being with anyone else made me feel sick but over time that changed (unfortunately my taste in men never improved lol).

I could never love another the way I loved him and I guess I always will love him but if he were to open my door and find him on bending knee begging me to take him back I’d shut it in his face. I got over him and would never go back. We were different people back then and time is a healer.

I think it’s unfair of your ex to keep contacting you. He chose to walk away and yes maybe he made a mistake but he shouldn’t keep torturing you. You need to stay strong and ignore his messages cos it’s only gonna keep dragging you back in and hurting you again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyyO View Post
    well i thought he was the one i was going to marry. i cant let go of that for some reason. people keep saying there are others out there, but when i think about being with anyone else, i get sick to my stomach
    Well I did marry ‘that’ one and he left me for someone else when our baby was 6 months old. I was head over heels in Love with him and was truly broken. I was a divorced, single parent before I was 25. But (and I know this is a cliche) time really is a healer. I got over him, fell in love with my soulmate and have now been married 16 years, we have another daughter and I feel truly blessed.

It won’t be overnight but you will get over him you just need to be kind to yourself right now
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

S deleted (28-01-18)

I've had a "That one" too - who then wasn't nice to me and then I found him engaged in "adult activity" with several of our friends...... I felt my world come crashing down and suffocating me and the huge emptiness.... I didn't think I'd ever get over him. And like you I had texts asking me to meet up but he only wanted one thing - and that certainly wasn't commitment.
    Fast forward a few years I found someone else who I would have given up everything to be with, but they went over to San Fransisco for a job and I was meant to join them later, but that wasn't to be..
    Fast forward again and I met Marc. I definitely wasn't going to fall in love with him, we were just mates... We've been together ever since and I never dreamed I'd be with someone for this long! (19 years this year!)

TiffanyyO
    wow you ladies have no idea how much your words mean to me and how its helped me today. Knowing you have all moved on from this and are now happy makes me smile and makes me have some hope for the future. xoxoxo thank you all so much

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiffanyyO For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-01-18),Suzi (28-01-18)

Glad to have helped!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

TiffanyyO

Link removed as a link to another depression forum

LINK REMOVED BY Suzi
    new post and a shout out
    Last edited by Suzi; 29-01-18 at 10:52 AM.

I've removed your link as you mention another forum for depression, and tbh that seems a bit rude and just like free publicity...

TiffanyyO
    sorry girl, my bad