Page 50 of 124 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

AsSuzi says, you have to work at it. So realistically, what could be the first thing you do or get into place that will make even a small change in your life?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What is it that you want? What is it you want to change? Where do you want to be in 5 years?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I've no idea, fittin in somewhere would be a start.. I'm quite 'out there' in my rebellion against the 'norm'. I'm nothin more thn myself at work, most people really like me for not followin the crowd but then there's some that give me 'funny' looks. 1 girl even called me weird today, prob because I'm different & try hard not to be like them.

Indifferent is weird in societys eyes, generic & dull is whats perceived 'normal'. They love to gossip to their best friend managers about everythin I do. I got sent home today because apparently I was chattin when I was tidyin the staff room .

Hunni it's difficult to be out there and fitting in properly, at the same time. Why did you get sent home for chatting? That sounded a little overreaction ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hunni it's difficult to be out there and fitting in properly, at the same time. Why did you get sent home for chatting? That sounded a little overreaction ....
    They said it shouldn't take me so long to clean the staff room, the manager was really angry. When I returned to the kitchen a few people snapped at me when I said 'heya r u alright' to them. They're like 'FINE' then abrubtly storm away. I'm nothin but friendly to every single person here but because I have Anxiety & Depression I'm cast aside. The girl manager even said I always look depressed, disregardin how I'm always makin others laugh with my quirky self-deprecatin humour lol. If only people knew what its like to suffer in silence ..

Was it taking you a really long time to clean the staff room?
    Have you tried smiling a bit more at work?

It sounds like you really annoyed your colleagues and manager. Perhaps you need to have a chat with your manager about what the problem is.

SA89
    I've been a 'slave' to this place for 5 years now stuck on the same production. I like to have a laugh & a joke, helps pass the time. Its demoralisin slavin for no purpose other thn to shave a few hours off my job search requirement. I'd feel more content if I had somethin goin in conjunction to aspire towards. I suppose there's voluntary I'm doin but all I've been doin there is answerin the phone ..

Rose is right, you need to find out what has happened to get this reaction from your colleagues. I doubt you're a slave to that place - you're being paid to do a job - but it would make your life easier if you can figure out, and fix, what, if anything, has changed

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Go in and ask why things are as they are, ask about promotion prospects too..