Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Walker extraordinaire!
    Morning all. I did sleep a bit. Only woke 2/3 times and I went back and got another half hour after I took Io to work.
    I'm up, soup made, Irish stew in the slow cooker for dinner, GF loaf and muffins in the oven. Sitting having a cuppa and a bite to eat catching up with you lovely guys.
    I have a festive cookery zoom class at 11:30 , then taking Cal to college and going for a swim. Will wait in the town and bring Io home from work then I am free all evening. Io is due to help in out food bank but A says he will take her and Cal's girlfriend is bringing him home from college tonight.
    I intend to light the fire, watch telly, knit and relax.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

You've done so much already! lol
    Are you going to be kind to yourself with the swimming?
    Glad you've got a more restful time later planned!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Rest? sounds like a busy enough day already.

Oh! that's all is it??....yeh..can't beat the old fire bit. It cheers me up no end. Have something to ask you. Were you ever a competition swimmer...you know, on a swimming team at school, or swimming Galas? My dad taught me to swim but he swam like a brick!! My daughter swam for her school and both of her kids are good swimmers...both learnt at about 3 years old. I expect your brood are good swimmers too. I love the way you're so committed to it.

Irish stew mmmm tasty, wow you certainly enjoy your swimming.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Walker extraordinaire!
    Flo actually no!!
    I mean I learnt to swim when I was young but never really enjoyed it.
    I started swimming just over a year ago and have gradually built up my lengths. I think the relief it gives my head is where the commitment comes from. I mean I love the exercise too but it's what it does for my head that is the real reason I've kept it up.
    None of my kids can swim. Believe me they had lessons galore but nope, no swimmers. I took them to the pool from they were tiny.
    At primary school at prize giving when all the rest of their class were getting their distance badges, every year without fail mine got 'Sean's special award for effort'.
    Sean was the swimming teacher and couldn't understand a whole family of kids that couldnt swim

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (26-11-20)

My dad and sister could swim but me and mum couldn't I wonder if swimming ability is inherited, well that's my excuse
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I learned to swim and have swimming badges from when I was a kid but I never enjoyed it and I’m certainly not a graceful swimmer but I can just about keep myself from drowning.

I used to love swimming. I still do actually when I can get myself to do it (need a kick up the a*se lol)

How are you doing love? Did you manage some time out to process psychology?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I've just sat down after dinner. Can't be bothered lighting the fire so coccooned in my blanket (although tbf I'd still be in my blanket even if the fire was lit).
    I'm tired. I just want to veg tonight. I dont think my brain has any processing capability this evening. The dog is curled into me and I just want to think of nothing but rubbish telly. Will lift the knitting needles though and get a bit more done. X