Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: cautiously optimistic

Welf's right, nothing can be done now til Tuesday. I know it's hard, but try to put it to the back of your mind til you know what can be done - but follow up your email by calling them Tuesday
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Welf's right, nothing can be done now til Tuesday. I know it's hard, but try to put it to the back of your mind til you know what can be done - but follow up your email by calling them Tuesday
    yeah, i'll be able to drop in tuesday. im feeling better after a sleep. if i get away with then fine. if i fail the module but can still pass the course, fine. if its an instafail, ill still be enrolled so ill carry on but with the pressure off, and keep working some more and apply for proper things. i'm not gonna roll over and die over it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Scientist For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-01-16)

fmy tutor emailed back and i think it's all ok

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Scientist For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-01-16)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    fmy tutor emailed back and i think it's all ok
    Cool, I'm glad it looks as if your assignment will be ok.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Good
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Excellent!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

just a quick update, exams are all done now, I just have my thesis to do over summer. that's off to a slow start but we're getting there.

moods been fairly up and down of late, but i'm putting that down to both exams and a sudden loss of structure in the course, i'll soon get there. I've been on the look out for potential dates and whatnot, met up with a couple of guys but it didn't work out for several reasons. on the whole I'm remaining positive but i'm still getting the lingering sense of feeling fat and ugly and boring. I *know* it's not true but it's hard to shake. I'm still going for regular appointments with the wellbeing bloke which is helping.

to add to frustrations, my bike got stolen fro outside my house last week and because it was chained up outside and not inside, it's not covered by insurance, but I guess it's not the end of the world.

Sounds generally positive? Well done on completely your exams

It's lovely to hear from you! I was hoping that things were doing OK!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Glad to hear from you Liam and that things are moving in a positive direction.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"