Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

So, can you draw a line and move on? Is he going back to the Drs?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I can certainly try.. I am just hoping he will get better one day and remember that he does love me..

Yes he has an appointment on Friday.. He hasn't gone in to work for the last couple of days as he said he's feeling really very low and it would be too easy to opt for the easy way out..

We've also looked in to Accupuncture and Cranosacrial Therapy as short term reliefs for how he's feeling... Particularly as he has used holistic therapies in the past and felt like it helped...

Can he not get an earlier appointment? Maybe by calling early on the day?
    I don't think for one second it's about "forgetting" that he loves you - more that the overwhelming darkness is so engulfing that actually you can't see anything or feel anything but empty despair...

Hereforyou
    Sadly not.. The doctor he normally sees is only there on Fridays and that's the earliest time he can get too..

I hope you're right.. It saddens me that he says things like "we aren't exactly acting like boyfriend and girlfriend" and then when I say why he lmlwa why but doesn't feel like he can act like a boyfriend.. And even more so when he says he doesn't know if he is still in love with me or if he knows he used to love me...

Sorry... lmlwa?

Hereforyou
    Sorry haha.. I meant to say he knows why but doesn't feel like he can act like that...

I gave him plently of chances to leave and plenty of chances to go off and get some space...

But have you given him any chances to just ‘be’? Sounds to me like he’s incapable of making any decisions at the moment and probably is struggling to cope with questions and/or judgements about your relationship from you, your parents, friends etc
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    Well yes of course I have.. He has had depression for over 2 months now and I haven't spent every day or even every week asking him to make decisions.. But considering the way he was acting this last week I think those questions needed to be asked and I do feel like I have every reason to ask those questions..

If he wants to go surely he can make a decision to just go..?

Any decision can be nearly impossible to someone who is suffering from depression. Some times it's impossible to decide whether to get up in the morning or not.

Hereforyou
    I can't help but feel like right now I've made the wrong decision by staying with him.. He seemed so angry and miserable yesterday.. He talks about knowing we aren't acting like a couple but does nothing to change it.. He's done things purposely to hurt to me and even admitted it.. He's said he's realised he's ruined everything but doesn't comfort me or do anything to make me feel better.. He talks about not knowing if he still loves me or just knowing he once used to...

Is this all part of the depression or am I holding out for a love that's already lost...???