Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

I need a bit of a confidence boost *trigger*

Title says it all really. I like myself well enough, but whenever i meet someone new i automatically assume they're not going to, barriers go up, i dont know hoe yo speak to them etc etc and its no good for anyone. I've felt better since deleting grindr but im still not quite there and tbh in terms of meeting other gay people, its kind of keft ne in the doldrums as none of my friends here know anyone except me (i checked). Its not incredibly urgent oe pressing but im aware i need to work on it.
    Last edited by S deleted; 25-04-17 at 04:30 PM.

It's a good thing that you know that it's an area that you need to work on. Do you have counselling? Is there no way that you can get to a bigger town to see what there is there?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's a good thing that you know that it's an area that you need to work on. Do you have counselling? Is there no way that you can get to a bigger town to see what there is there?
    i'm not haing any counselling at the moment but i'm intending to make an appointment soon to talk about where to go now. i was going to do it today but stuff came up.

for the moment travel isnt really an option as money is really tight at the moment. London isnt too far away so in an ideal world i'd just pop down there every now an then but that's definitely not an option this side of january.

Ideally, I'd move out and that would do the world of good, but again, money is tight and i was looking at rent prices just now and i founnd myself reaching for the bottle of red. living here is, as it's always been, a constant barrage of derisio and rudeness which everyone defends by treating it as isolated inncidents that im simply being to sensitive about and refusing to acknowledge the systematic abuse that it is. it's really difficult. i've started trying to defend myself but it's not going well.

I know money's tight, but there are other ways of making contact with people...

I know money's tight, but there are other ways of making contact with people...
    Well thats what id like to know, because i havent found any. But im just saying it rules out travelling anywhere too far afield for the time being

I understand that. How's the amdram going?

I understand that. How's the amdram going?
    Yeah its going ok, im in something at the moment but its only one scene so im not needed much. Id be tempted to join a rival group to try and meet more people my own age (apparently thetes a handful of gay guys too) but rhey want £50 a year membership so its difficult

£50 is a lot of money, but getting out to meet people is never going to be free
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    £50 is a lot of money, but getting out to meet people is never going to be free
    it's all more than i can afford right now though

It's also a lot if you don't know that you'll enjoy it at all....
    There has to be something else you can do?