Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Can you take someone to the meeting with you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've been taking them about 2-3 weeks have to admit I've missed 1 day here and there.

Yes I can do,hopefully it's just a wellness meeting to see if work can help in anyway,I don't feel comfortable going into work,I can't deal with all the questions from colleagues etc...
    Hoping my boss can just come round my house or I'll meet him elsewhere.

I'm just worried there going to say I'm doing nothing although I explained that to the Dr last time and he said it takes time these are the 3rd tabs I've been on.

I've tried alittle cbt but it feels a little repetitive.

I'm still waiting for therapy 3 months now and the I'm starting to wonder why I bothered going to the doctor's

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder why I bothered going to the doctor's
    Because you weren’t getting better on your own. John, it took you a long time to get to where you are now, it’s not going to be an immediate return to good health. You need to be patient. And you absolutely must take the meds as the doctor has prescribed - and stop missing doses. All that does is extends how long it’ll take to get better .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula's right. Sometimes it takes time to find the right medication and dose - Remember it can take 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system and that's taking it every day regularly. Skipping doses isn't going to help you at all lovely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Paula's right. Sometimes it takes time to find the right medication and dose - Remember it can take 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system and that's taking it every day regularly. Skipping doses isn't going to help you at all lovely.
    That's what the doctor said.

At the moment i'm waiting for counselling,but i've always got work in the back of my mind and that i need to feel better asap so i can get back

But it might be worth taking a little longer now to give yourself time to heal a bit?

But it might be worth taking a little longer now to give yourself time to heal a bit?
    I know,but I can't help but fear the worst everytime I hear from work etc... I know all work are going to say is why don't you go private... And use that as pressure & if I don't,I think they'll use that against me.

I can't really afford to go private at £40-£50 a session

I also appreciate all the replays I've been getting X.

They can't insist you go private - unless they are prepared to pay for you and then they can only offer it afaik.....

They can't insist you go private - unless they are prepared to pay for you and then they can only offer it afaik.....
    Occupational health will prob get a mention in the meeting

Why do you think they’ll try to make you go private?