Page 48 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

I've removed your language from your post. Please don't swear by putting spaces in the words. I don't like it.

Are you getting out and making friends? If you aren't meeting anyone then who do you expect to invite you anywhere?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I've applied for more voluntary & I attended a job fair so I'm doin what I can to break the cycle of loneliness. I'm tryin my best not to think about women atm. Its much easier for women to find romance than men because we do all the chasing. We're competin with dozens of other men for a girls attention, who she's seen a thousand times over. If ur 'short', introverted etc u don't ever get a look in no matter how nice u are. I'm not generalisin every1, its just how society is ..

No, I don't think so. I think that's your perception of it, which is warped due to your experiences and to your low self esteem and mood.
    In my relationship, it wasn't Marc who made the first move or spoke to me first... I did that.
    Applying for jobs isn't going to break the current loneliness though, getting out and taking up a new hobby or something will help that, join a choir, go plane spotting, painting, fishing, painting your bum bright blue! Whatever gets you out and in and amongst people and being able to talk to them and enable you to make new friends will help that...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

I'm with Suzi, here. With both my ex husband and my husband it was me that made the first move. I've always believed that, if you want something, you need to put the effort in - and that applies to both genders.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

SA89
    I put effort in by bein nice, I have time for every1 yet here I am suffering. I'm always friendly to people & I even laugh at myself, even when people insult my big nose or my awkwardness. I know lots of people who are self-centred with bland personalities yet these are the ones who are married with lots of friends. In nightclubs all I get is women turnin their nose up at me, every1 seems to be really shallow. I'm not ugly I'm just 'nice' (& short). I'm tired man, this world is backwards, i'll never get to experience love ..

Nightclubs isn't really the best way to find someone. It's artificial, everyone's drunk and you really don't get yo know anybody, except whether they're attractive. Try to widen your social circle, perhaps by meeting friends of friends, and it will happen for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Sweetheart listen.. Nightclubs are good for a drunken one night stand, but not a lot more... Try getting out and spending some real time with people....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

I made the first move to asking out my OH!
    There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, with trying to meet people in nightclubs, but that's obviously not working for you and you're not happy so you need to go out and about and do other things.
    I used to go out clubbing, I didn't used to get horrendously drunk, and over the years I met a few nice guys whilst out clubbing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    I made the first move to asking out my OH!
    There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, with trying to meet people in nightclubs, but that's obviously not working for you and you're not happy so you need to go out and about and do other things.
    I used to go out clubbing, I didn't used to get horrendously drunk, and over the years I met a few nice guys whilst out clubbing.
    What I'm about to say isn't goin to be pleasant but I'll say it 'caus its how I feel; I hate every couple on this earth. I feel physically enraged & irritated in their presence. I hope every happy couple breaks up & feel as alone as I do. At least then I can relate to people. The way they spoon in public, referrin to 1 another as 'babe', its sickening & makes me want to cough up blood. I don't hate people I just hate couples. They make me acknowledge my loneliness. They make me want to shoot myself in the head with a shotgun to rid myself of this existence ..

That's probably one of the most distressing posts I've ever read on here and I've owned and run Dwd for coming up 10 years.

I'm not going to answer your post of hate except for telling you that you need medical help now.