Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Today

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Congratulations!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Congratulations! And well done for prioritising your health …
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Hi,
    As some of you may have seen from Facebook, Pen and I are now engaged I am such a lucky lady.
    Unfortunately my MH is all over the place atm. I am taking this week off from school and Pen and I have agreed that we will review this at the end of the week.
    Xx
    So pleased for you both!

Re your mental health, am I right in thinking that you've recently had a dose change? If not, sorry I can get confused with so many people to keep track of How long have you been on the same dose for? Are you doing all the sensible things like taking it at the same time (give or take 30 mins or so) and getting some exercise? Talking to those around you? Keeping a mood diary?

Tell us more about the engagement! So exciting! Who proposed to who? What did the kids say?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi, I tried increasing Vl. to 225mg back along but I couldn't get on with it unfortunately....
    After a great deal of thought and talking things through with Pen, I have decided to go back to the psych. I saw at the Priory. I have an appointment on Monday and I plan on asking him for a full meds review. As you know, I have chopped and changed around (i'm a bloody nightmare, I know!!!) and I plan on sticking with him to settle things down properly to allow me to function better. I am really lucky to have Pen by my side as she has told me that how ever long it takes, she will be there.. aww xx
    As regards the children, all 4 of them are fine. I was particularly concerned about H but she took it really well and even came to look at rings with us.
    We are so pleased with our ring choices. They are very different but I feel they compliment each other. We bought them in H Samuel and they gave us wonderful service. We haven't set a date as yet, we're just enjoying being engaged
    One day at a time ....😃

The chopping and changing around of meds is never going to help, but you know that. If you think that seeing the psych in the Priory is going to be what helps you most then that's what you have to do... but it is going to rely on you taking the right dose of the prescribed meds as directed and I know for you that's not something you find particularly easy. But again, you know that meds take 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system to a therapeutic level, and then each change takes the same time again to take effect...

I love your rings! I think they are beautiful! So, who proposed to who? I love a good love story, and this is a fabulous one! I thought the kids would all be fine, they have to see how happy and in love you both are together!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I hear you Suzi. I am sorry for the way I have messed about with my meds.
    I'm literally dragging myself through atm and it feels scary. I am going to listen hard to what the psych. says and stick to it
    One day at a time ....😃

Sorry for the double post x
    One day at a time ....😃

I’m curious why you feel you can listen to the psych and follow instructions but you ignore your GP? If you had followed your GPs advice you wouldn’t need to pay out for a private psych. I don’t understand the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Sorry for the double post x
    No probs, all dealt with hunni

I hope you’re able to listen to what the psych tells you, and do it. You know we’re all here to support you through it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've just done a flow test and it looks like I may have Covid.
    Thanks for your comments.
    One day at a time ....😃