Page 36 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Groot

Off to another meeting in a bit but it’s with my friend so it’ll be nice and relaxed - and she’s making lunch

Now I’ve had time to process, I’m much more relaxed about the neurology stuff - the doctor was pragmatic and straightforward and I trust him. Yes, it’s one more thing to deal with but it can be managed and it’ll be ok. Also, they took my bp and it was, finally, normal at 137/85 so I can relax a bit about that too - the meds are working . Yes, these are yet more chronic conditions I have to manage but I’m lucky in that I live in a time and place where I can get the treatment that will help my body deal with this and, unlike many places around the world, I have access to free healthcare without restriction.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (16-02-18),S deleted (16-02-18)

We had that conversation yesterday - that actually although the chronic conditions can be horrible, but we have access to free healthcare which is amazing.

I@m so proud of you! Have fun today gorgeous!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Good for you Paula! I agree...I moan at times about GB and the health system but like you say, we're so very lucky to have it. Well done on your BP...wanna swap??...only kidding. Mine will sort itself out in the end. I'm not so stressed about it now. All I wanted was reassurance. If I don't understand something I panic! Anyway, have a good day love.xxx

I was there for 5 hours! It didn’t feel like it at the time but I don’t want to move now I’ve got home lol. It was very productive so well worth it. I’m the trustee responsible for volunteer engagement and, at the moment, it’s not very organised. My plan is that it will run so efficiently I won’t have to spend much time on it and can work on other areas, like social media and a community chat online forum
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sounds brilliant! Hope you're resting now though lovely...

I’ve been a good girl this weekend and rested. My brain doesn’t hurt quite as much now . This week is quieter and I’m away next weekend for the church’s women’s weekend.

Where you off to next weekend?

I'm really glad you rested lovely. Next weekend will do you the power of good. I know how much you enjoy them. Is your Mum going with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Where you off to next weekend?
    South Devon

Mum’s not coming - a friend of mine is going to help with the driving and logistics and I’ve asked for a room on my own so I don’t bother anyone with all the disabled ‘stuff’

Nice. Hope you have a fab time.