Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread

Rose, how are you doing?

I weighed in at 14st 13lbs again today, the same as last week.
    I started my diet again today. OH and I agreed my 'job' for the next 4 weeks is losing weight.
    I would like to lose half a stone by the end of June.

STS isn't a bad thing hunni... You can do the diet thing lovely. Just don't be too harsh on yourself.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Rose take it easy. I've been 14st 7 since before Christmas and can't seem to loose any more. I can't understand it. Unless I go back to aqua aerobics, that's the only thing that has changed.

I've put on (at the last count, I've lost the nerve to weigh myself again) 3/4 stone since my thyroxine levels took a nose dive. It's really upsetting, even though I know it's not my fault, none of my clothes fit properly and I just feel awful.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Why do you gain weight, is it because you feel more hungry, or because you retain more?

Day 2 of my diet and I am hungry constantly. All I can do is keep myself distracted from the hunger pains.
    I am eating normally, but my medication makes me want to eat and eat, I never feel full.

Underactive thyroid slows the metabolism right down, almost to a standstill. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Thyroid.../Symptoms.aspx It's like your body shuts down, and you're wading through sludge. And because I actually had my thyroid nuked several years ago, I have no thyroid function - it's all reliant on my medication controlling it. Which it's not. The dose has been upped but it can take a while to recover
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That sounds horrible Paula. At least you know why you are gaining weight, but its not much consolation I bet.

I am literally craving chocolate so bad right now I don't know what to do with myself. I am counting down the minutes until each meal.
    Today I've had for breakfast a bowl of cereal, for lunch roast chicken with two roast potatoes and two yorkshire puddings and loads of veg, and for dinner a chicken/brie sandwich with grapes for after. About 1,100 calories so far, maybe more. I have hunger pains.

Hunger pains aren't good hunni....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

But what can I do Suzi? To make them stop I have to over-eat. I'd rather have the pains than go blind from IIH. Its all for the greater good.